This term, our school value is “Respect”.
We will be exploring key themes including: respecting our parents and carers, respecting each other, respecting people in authority, respecting the environment and self-respect.
Children are introduced to the idea of respect when:
- they are taught to listen to each other
- they work together with their peers
- they listen to other people’s opinions and beliefs
- they listen and respond to instructions
- they listen to different scenarios including being disrespectful and the consequences
- they work for healthy relationships in the family and in the community
- they learn about other ways of seeing this world
Bible stories – Respect
1. The Ten Commandments - see Exodus 20:1-17
2. Paul's instructions on respecting those who run our society for the common good - see Romans 13:1-10
3. Disrespect in society is the beginning of it falling apart - see 2 Timothy 3:1-5
4. Respecting each other - see 1 Peter 3:15-17
5. Respect in the home between parents and children - see Ephesians 6:1-4